Social Media Guide
Thank you for participating in GiveUNC, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s third-annual giving day. One of the best ways to join us is by sharing GiveUNC content online via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. By telling your family and friends about our day of action, you are helping the Carolina community make an even bigger impact in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and the world. When you post, make sure to include the website (giveunc.unc.edu) in the caption of your photo so others know where to give! Follow our progress online and keep the momentum going with the hashtag #GiveUNC.
Social Media Ambassador Guide
Social Media Account Photos
Changing your profile picture or cover photo to support GiveUNC is easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Right click on the image you want (or tap and hold on your phone).
- Save it to your computer or your phone’s gallery.
- Go to the social media account you want to change, click on your current photo, and upload the new image when you are prompted. Note — The images are already the correct size for your accounts.
- Voila! Now you’re supporting fellow Tar Heels from wherever you are in the world.
Facebook Cover Photos
Twitter Cover Photos
Want to keep your own picture but still support GiveUNC? You can add a frame to your Facebook profile! Here’s how:
- Visit www.facebook.com/profilepicframes.
- Search for Carolina Development or GiveUNC.
Note — That is the name of our page, which created and owns the frame.
Choose the GiveUNC frame.
- Share your new profile picture to promote Carolina’s giving day.
Share these photos on social media before and throughout the day. Use the suggested language below each photo to help you compose your message and let your followers know why you’re participating in GiveUNC. Make sure to use our hashtag #GiveUNC and include the website (https://giveunc.unc.edu) with every post you make.
Social post option 1: #GiveUNC is the day to take action and effect change in the areas that are most important to you – whatever you give for. If you are able, join me on June 16 for #GiveUNC ➡️ giveunc.unc.edu
Social post option 2: Positive change begins with learning, discovery and knowledge. Join me on June 16 to support Carolina on #GiveUNC: giveunc.unc.edu
Social post option 3: June 16 marks UNC’s third-annual day of giving. A gift of any amount can make a huge impact. Together, we can build a better, more just world 💙 ➡️ giveunc.unc.edu #GiveUNC